The First United Methodist Church of Schenctady invites you to participate in its 2019 Lenten Photo Show.
You can participate in any or all of three ways:
- Submit photos that you have taken
- Vote for the photos you think best reflect the themes of the show
- Visit the show on Easter Sunday, April 21 from 8:30 AM to 10 AM and 11 AM to 12 noon.
Submit photos that you have taken
For each of five weeks during Lent, First United Methodist Church of Schenectady has chosen a different Lenten theme. During each of these weeks we will be accepting one to three photos that you have taken that reflect the weekly theme. The themes are:
- March 10-16: YES
- March 17-23: SURPRISE
- March 24-30: EMPTY
- March 31-April 6: AFRAID
- April 7-13: BELIEVE
You may submit your photos either electronically or in hard copy.
- Electronically: To submit your photos electronically, save them as .jpg files of between 300 bpi and 3 MB, attach them to an email, enter “Photo Show” as the subject of the email, type your name, address, telephone number, title of photo, and the theme your photos represent in the body of the email, and send the email to email@example.com.
- Hard Copy: To submit your photos in hard copy, print them out on 8×10 photo paper, enclose them and a completed copy of this form in an envelope, and send the envelope to FUMC Lenten Photo Show, 603 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12305. Copies of this form may be downloaded from the church web site at www.fumcschenectady.org or may be obtained by calling the church office at 518-374-4403. The entry form can be found here
Vote for the photos you think best reflect the themes of the show
On a weekly basis, the photos submitted for each of the themes will be posted on First United Methodist Church’s website (www.fumcschenectady.org) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/fumcschenectady). You may go to either of these sites to vote for the photo or photos that you think best reflect the themes. You may also vote if you visit the show in person. Please vote only once for any given photo.
Visit the show on Easter Sunday, April 21 from 8:30 AM to 10 AM and 11 AM to 12 Noon
On Easter Sunday, April 21 as many of the photos as possible will be on display at First United Methodist Church of Schenectady. You are invited to view the photos from 8:30 AM to 10 AM and 11 AM to 12 Noon on Easter. Voting will be open during viewing hours. Light refreshments will be served.